How to Find the Cause of Drafty Windows
There is a moment every Casper winter when you can’t seem to find the cause of the draft in your home. It could potentially be emanating from a window that isn’t shut or sealed properly. Even the thinnest of cracks can make homes uncomfortable and chilly, potentially resulting in:
- Cold air leaking into your home
- Larger heating and cooling costs
As per the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star program, you can save 10 percent on your regular energy bill, or 20 percent of your heating and cooling costs, with properly sealed windows. To help cut back and decrease drafty air from passing through your home, it’s critical to be able to distinguish where these window drafts may be located and why. Here are some beneficial tips to pinpoint your Casper home’s drafts and check for issues:
- Search for gaps and cracks in uncommon locations of air leakage, such as knee walls, outdoor faucets, attic access points or just the normal windows with operable capabilities and use a painless visual inspection.
- Check to guarantee that windows and doors are sealed and latched.
- Ensure the sealant or gasket by the workable portion of the window or door is properly sealing.
- Test the installation by verifying if the draft is passing through the window or around the window, between the window and the harsh opening. A window will only function as well as it is installed.
- Call a specialist from Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC in Casper to have them perform a home energy audit.
Once you’ve recognized where the draft or air leakage is deriving from, the next step is to address the source of the draft or air leakage. As always, give the specialists in Casper a call at 307-234-1518 with any further questions or potential replacement needs.