How to Properly Clean Windows in Casper, Wyoming
A window provides you with a wonderful view to the outdoors, lets light in and helps protect the inside of your home from the elements. That means they see a lot of action. From dirt, water and pollen on the outside to finger prints or pets on the inside, your windows’ glass gets dirty pretty quick. Luckily, cleaning the glass in windows is fairly simple.
You can clean your original replacement windows in five easy steps. Many Pella windows have easy-clean features that make it easier for you to clean the exterior glass from inside. Here’s our window cleaning process.
- Brush off your window sills. Get rid of the dirt, dust and whatever else is stuck on the window sills and ledges to prevent dirt and mud from getting on the glass later on.
- Now’s the best time to clean the screens, too. Just run your vacuum’s dusting brush attachment over the side facing in.
- Use a premixed vinegar-based cleaning solution (create your own with one part white vinegar to 10 parts water), and apply to a soft, clean, lint-free cloth or paper towel. You may instead use an ammonia-free glass cleaner such as Pella's glass cleaner, Windex® or Sparkle®. Spray the cleaner generously, but try to prevent cleaning solutions from getting on the wood, fiberglass or vinyl frames, as they may discolor the finish.
- Rub from each direction and let air dry.
- Rinse with clean water if streaks remain after cleaning.
For the clearest view, we’d also recommend cleaning your windows on a cloudy day. If you clean them while it’s sunny, the solution can dry too quickly, leaving streaks on your window glass. Your Pella professionals in Casper prefer using microfiber cloths to clean window glass since it’s lint-free and doesn’t leave tiny particles behind.
Your windows could look so good, you might forget the glass is even there. Now that’s what we call a great view.
Please note: You should not use ammonia- or alcohol-based glass cleaners. These solutions will leave streaks or produce a film that attracts moisture and dust. See your owner’s manual to learn more about cleaning other parts of your wood windows, vinyl windows or fiberglass windows, or get in touch with your Pella Windows Showroom in Casper.