Kitchen Remodeling Dos and Donts
In the past year, kitchen remodeling has been a top project for remodelers and it’s a good way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Follow these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Research to make sure you are hiring the right contractor. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your house. What function do you want this space to serve? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Store all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for years to come.
- Forget stick with the budget! Keep on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC a call at 307-234-1518, check out our Casper showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.