Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
The cold season is fast approaching in Casper and when the temperature lowers, the utility bills can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort during the cold months, and Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors offer during Casper winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and affect your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Wyoming professionals a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to enter into your home. Chat with a professional to repair these issues before cold weather arrives in Casper.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC in Casper a call at 307-234-1518 or stop by our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.