The Entrance to Your Casper, Wyoming Escape Hinged and Sliding Patio Doors
A patio is an important component of a home and its general atmosphere. Not only does it serve as a great spot for entertaining, but a patio can also encourage us to get outside a bit more and enjoy some fresh air. That’s why it shouldn’t be a huge surprise that the entranceway to the patio is just as important. Regardless if it’s a hinged or sliding patio door, it can provide you a lot more than just being an additional door in your home.
Whether you’ve just added a patio to your home and are searching for a new sliding patio door or you are simply changing out an old one, there are a variety of possibilities to choose from when you begin your research. We thought it might be helpful to make the process a little easier by covering a few of the basics of the most common patio doors you will find out there.
Sliding Patio Doors
One of the bonuses of sliding patio doors is that they don’t swing open, meaning you have more space to work with when it’s time to decorate and place your furniture. Sliding patio doors also permit a great deal of natural light, adding a warm glow to your home.
So what do you need to know about sliding patio doors to help you conclude if they are right for your home? Here are a few helpful tidbits to help you in your hunt:
- Available in naturally beautiful wood, durable fiberglass and low-maintenance vinyl.
- Doors are made with one panel so that they easily slide to one side.
- Two, three or four panel models are available.
- Come with various grille styles to select from.
- Add on a traditional insect screen or Pella’s Rolscreen® retractable insect screen.
- A number of hardware finishes are available.
Hinged and French Patio Doors
Hinged and French wood patio doors are another great choice providing craftsmanship that adds character and beauty to any space in your home. With the choice between two doors that swing open from the middle or two doors, one movable and one fixed, you can meet the needs of your home to help provide superior functionality and practicality.
Hinged and French patio doors have a lot of similarities to sliding patio doors, providing you with amazing flexibility and customization to meet your design and function needs.
- Hinged doors come as single or double doors.
- Doors can open from the right or left.
- The wood construction can be shielded by a low-maintenance. EnduraClad finished aluminum exterior cladding (available in Architect Series®, Designer Series® and Pella ® ProLine 450 Series).
- Multi-point locking system available for additional security.
- Satin nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, polished brass and white hardware finishes.
- A number of grille possibilities available attached directly to the glass, between the panes of glass or removable.
Patios are a fantastic addition to Casper homes, and hinged and sliding patio doors are a great way to show off this significant feature. If you want an up-close look at all of the hinged and sliding patio doors available from Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC, stop by our Casper showroom, give us a call at 307-234-1518 or set up an appointment with us online through our online scheduler.