The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated piece of your home’s windows. They give you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wishes, and with the number of styles and colors available, you can find a combination to fulfill whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you are able to swap styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you go
with, there are a few color choices to meet
your design expectations.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to provide more energy
efficient choices than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make for a quick cleaning of the glass.
Now that we’ve read a handful of positives of window grilles, let’s read about the challenges associated with window grilles.
- While there are a number of
designs we carry, some homeowners feel that a
few grille styles may block their
view of the outside world.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that is cleaned, cleaning can be more of a headache.
- Replacement windows that tout grilles are typically more expensive than those that don’t have grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to buy replacement windows or you’re simply considering them for your current home, window grilles could be a great add-on to your next set of windows. There are a variety of things to ponder, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our team, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re searching for. Of course, with the host of choices available, we suggest dropping by our Casper showroom, giving us a call at 307-234-1518 or scheduling an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we carry.