Tips to Help Prevent Termite Damage in Wood Windows in Casper, Wyoming
There’s no question that wood windows can add warmth and help enhance the visual features in your home. One problem homeowners have with wood windows is the potential for termite damage. Termites get the majority of their food from wood, which could cause homeowners a lot of problems when it comes to structural damage.
So what can you do to help prevent termite damage?
The best way to help prevent termite damage is to remove or decrease the opportunity for termites to get close to your home. Here are a few tips from Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC on how you can help reduce the chance of termite infestation.
- Keep Brush Away From Your House – Try to keep the ground area around your house free of any brush or rotten wood. Termites will use this as a pathway to get to the house. Even more so for windows on the lower level, keep leaves, dirt and other brush away from the foundation and house.
- Properly Vent Your Home – Termites also seek out water and moisture, so it’s crucial to ensure your home, including small crawl spaces, are appropriately ventilated and encourage air to flow.
- Clean Out Gutters – Stuffed gutters create pools of water that are also intriguing to termites, and conveniently for the termites— are near the home. Make sure you don’t have standing water or leaves and sticks in your gutters.
- Fix Foundation Cracks – Seal up or fill any cracks in the foundation of your home. A lot of termites develop their colonies in the ground, making your home’s foundation their best chance to get in the home.
- Protect Your Wood – Pella Casper has EnduraGuard® wood protection which offers advanced protection against the effects of moisture, decay, stains from mold and mildew – as well as termite damage.
- Call a Professional – Pest control firms can inspect your home for any present termite infestations or damage, and install the right protection system for your home.
If you want more information on wood windows and what steps you should take to help avoid any damage, visit the Casper showroom or set up an appointment online to have one of our specialists provide a free in-home consultation. You can call Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC at 307-234-1518 to get started and make wood windows a reality in your home.