Window Style 101
Your window coverings can impact the style of your room. So, whether you’re going for a tranquil feeling or something vibrant to show off your personality, you’re bound to discover an idea here! Here are eight tips to fancy up your windows.
- To create a sense of drama or to make a smaller room seem bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a pop of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to show off your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a quirky print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is on your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a shade too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love decorating for the season, or just like to change things up every once in a while, try changing out the curtains in your main living room. You can go as festive as you want to!
- If you’re having problems finding the best pattern for your curtains, don’t confine yourself to normal window curtains. Try looking for tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you’re looking for.
- For an understated and stylish look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To dress up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You could use anything from a fancy ribbon to sea shells you discovered on vacation.